Healthy Snack Ideas
- Fresh fruit with fat-free or low-fat curd.
- Whole-grain bread sandwich with vegetables
- Vegetable “matchsticks” (thin sticks made from fresh carrots, cucumber, or bell peppers)
- Veg stuffed paratha (stuffing options : cabbage, carrot, spinch/methi/radish , boiled pulces, sprouts)
- Veg Frankie
- Baked (not fried) tortilla chips and salsa
- Idli /dosa – chatney
- Bateka pauva
- Pan cakes
Keep fresh fruit in a place that’s easy to reach in the refrigerator or on the table. This will make it easier for kids to grab a healthy snack.
Snack healthy on the go.
- Take unsalted nuts and unsweetened dried fruits, Sing – chana, fresh vegetables, or fresh fruit in small reusable containers or baggies.
- Pack low-fat string cheese sticks, tikkies , chikki, laddus or dry puries.
Set the rules.
- Teach your kids to ask before they help themselves to snacks.
- Eat snacks at the table or in the kitchen, not in front of the TV.
- Serve snacks like chevdas or popcorn in a bowl. Don’t let kids snack directly out of the bag or box.
- Drink water, milk ,butter milk, lassi, fresh lemon juice, coconut water or 100% fruit juice instead of soda or fruit-flavored drinks.