What is diabetes remission
Remission is defined as sustained metabolic improvement, normal blood sugar levels with HbA1c less than 6.5 for at least 3 months in the absence of anti-diabetes medicines. So,
What is diabetes reversal (Cure)
Cure and reversal in diabetes are often used interchangeably with remission but they are not same terms.
- Diabetes “reversal” is more of a process of returning to blood glucose levels below those pre-defined levels to diagnose diabetes. However it doesn’t specify about further support/interventions needed to prevent high blood sugars. Research is ongoing to define and monitor diabetes reversal.
- Diabetes “cure” suggests that all aspects of diabetes are completely normalized and that no further follow-up, care, or treatment is needed to prevent high blood sugar and other complications of diabetes.
- There is no cure for diabetes at present.
How can u achieve remission in diabetes:
Remission suggests that the disease would remain latent/inactive as long as the patients maintain certain conditions like
- Lifestyle changes & exercise
- Diet control & weight loss.
- Remission can also be achieved with medical intervention like
- Endoscopic procedure/ intervention
- Metabolic or Weight loss surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
ડાયાબિટીસની દવાઓની ગેરહાજરીમાં ઓછામાં ઓછા 3 મહિના માટે સતત HbA1c 6.5 થી ઓછું લોહીમાં શર્કરાનું સામાન્ય સ્તર